Anti-rain film is a raffia fabric that is plasticized on one side and is used to cover and protect crops from damage caused by rain.
A patented welding process is used to apply reinforced lateral selvages (triple layer of fabric), which are essential for a secure fastening to the structure. The entire film is waterproof, has considerable mechanical strength and tear resistance.
In addition, holes are punched in the edge of the fabric so that hooks, carabiners or rings can be installed to connect it to the structure.
The general characteristics of the anti-rain film are as follows:
- General thickness: >= (greater equal) 150 microns
- Selvage thickness: >= (greater equal) 1570 microns
- Stabilized against U.V. rays.
The technical characteristics of the anti-rain film are as follows:
- A fabric with high mechanical resistance and with side reinforcements that have a high tensile strength.
- a “diffused light” effect thanks to several layers that creates the cloth.
- A fabric that provides excellent protection against temperature fluctuations and that cools during the summer, even capable of regulating the temperature inside the structure for a balanced climate all year round.
- A fabric that also acts as a barrier against the wind, reducing damages on the fruit.
- Protection against humidity, reducing the risk of cracked fruit (cracking effect).
|Outdoor temperatures in open field (°C)||-1||0||10||15||20||25||28||30||35||40|
|Internal temperatures under the structure (°C)||1||2||15||22||28||25||27||28||32||35|
The three-layer structure of anti-rain film (weft, warp and lamination) creates diffused light that facilitates the gradual ripening of the fruit, with the benefit of prolonging picking over time and thus achieving alonger presence in the market.
The film must be secured with special plates or hooks inserted in the film’s holes before attaching everything to the structure. The plates allow for a perfect grip of the film and great tensile strength.
In order to avoid thermal damages to the film caused by the high temperatures reached by the material, it is recommended to avoid exposure of the rolls to the sun for a period longer than four hours.
Other products in this category
Downlod our Catalog
Request the complete Valente catalog